GENRE TV FILM FESTIVAL
Submission Dates Jan 21, 2022 - March 20, 2022
Official Selection Notifications begin - March 21, 2022
GenreTv App Online Festival Runs May 1, 2022 - June 30, 2022
Best Picture Cinema Screening, Official Selection Awards and Filmmaker Q&A - Saturday July 2, 2022
** will be held in Washington DC Metro Area depending on State COVID restrictions
LOCATION: MARLOW CINEMA 6
3899 Branch Ave, Temple Hills, MD 20748
We guarantee that all ACCEPTED submissions (Feature Film & Full Episodic Web Series) from any Genre, will be STREAMED and SCREENED on the GENRE TV Roku Channel with the possibility to reach over 150 million Domestic & International viewers! Short Films are not eligible to compete at GENRE TV Film Festival at this time.
TOP TEN WINNING submissions will receive additional licensing & distribution opportunities, various prizes and special placement on GENRE TV and more!
BEST PICTURE will receive Cinema Screening with Filmmaker Q & A! Along with a one (1) year AVOD (ad-based) licensing & distribution deal on GENRE TV and other licensing perks!
OUR JUDGES WILL SELECT 1 WINNER FROM EACH CATEGORY BELOW:
1. BEST PICTURE
2. BEST STORY
3. BEST DIRECTOR
4. BEST CAST
5. BEST COSTUMES
6. BEST MAKEUP / HAIR
7. BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY
8. BEST EDITING
9. BEST SPECIAL / VISUAL EFFECTS
10. BEST MUSIC
AWARDS & PRIZES:
1. FESTIVAL WINNERS / Content Holder will receive a one (1) year AVOD (ad-based) licensing & distribution deal on GENRE TV and other licensing perks such as:
- Best Picture receives Cinema Screening
- Ad-Based Quarterly Revenue (AVOD)
- Showcased on the GENRE TV Festival Winner Category
- Social Media Promotion
- Announcement on Hudson Sterling Firm Website
- In Person Q&A with Fans and Industry Friends!
- Other perks to be announced
2. OFFICIAL SELECTIONS: Upon Screening selection, GENRE TV will provide a Licensing & Distribution Agreement for 30 - 60 days, for the Content Holder / Owner to sign. Upon Festival conclusion and Winning selections, all content will be removed and the Agreement will terminate.
FILM FESTIVAL GENERAL ELIGIBILITY
1. Submissions must have been completed after January 1, 2018
2. Please submit content with a password-protected streaming URL format if applicable. Please test the password before sending. **In the event of a password change or link change after submitting, you must email the Festival at firstname.lastname@example.org. immediately with that change so we may update your record. If the Festival is not notified of the change and the link is found to be inactive or the password to be incorrect, the submission may be deemed ineligible.**
3. Feature Length Submissions minimum Run Time: 75 minutes
4. Pilot/ Web Series / Episodic Individual Episodes :45 minutes
** Submissions will be accepted with a minimum of 5 minutes. To qualify as an Official Selection, total runtime of the Full Series Season should be 45 minutes. Please submit questionnaire and password link through thehudsonsterlingfirm.com
5. Submissions must be accompanied by the applicable submission fee PER ENTRY and a completed online entry form. All submissions must be in English or have English subtitles at the time submitted.
6. All content must be submitted as an MP4 or MOV file.
7. GENRE TV screens submissions as digital files and does NOT screen content on DVD, Blu-Ray, HD-CAM, or DCP. If you are unable or unwilling to provide us your submission as a digital file (MP4 or MOV) for exhibition, DO NOT SUBMIT your content.
8. Submissions with US distribution (obtained prior to being selected); or that have screened on US network or cable television or distributed; or submissions produced, financed or initiated by a major film studio or television network are ineligible for competition, but may be considered for a special screening on GENRE TV to be discussed when notified.
9. Short Films are not eligible to compete at GENRE TV Film Festival at this time.
10. Upon Official Screening selections, GENRE TV will provide a Short Term Licensing Agreement for 90 days / 1 Quarter, for the Content Holder / Owner to sign. Upon Festival conclusion and Winning selections, all Short Term content will be removed and the Agreement will terminate.
11. ALL Festival Winners will receive an additional 1 year distribution deal on GENRE TV and other licensing perks.
12. Selection for screening will be determined no later than one month (30 days) prior to the festival. Notifications regarding potential selection for competition status possibly may occur subsequent to notifications of acceptance for exhibition.
13. GENRE TV Film Festival reserves the right in its sole discretion to reject or disqualify any ineligible entries, without a refund. Submissions that are selected to screen at the Festival may not necessarily be selected to be “in competition” for awards purposes.
14. ORIGINALITY AND PERMISSIONS; INDEMNITY